The Victoria and Albert Museum in London is set to unveil a new exhibition featuring the works of the legendary musician David Bowie. The exhibition will showcase never-before-seen projects and iconic outfits that span over 60 years of Bowie’s career. The museum has acquired a massive collection of 80,000 items from the Star Man’s archives, making it a must-see for Bowie fans.
The exhibition is expected to be a monumental event, offering visitors a glimpse into the life and work of one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. With such an extensive collection of items, the Bowie exhibition promises to be a unique and unforgettable experience for all who attend.
- The V&A museum in London will unveil a new exhibition featuring the works of David Bowie.
- The exhibition will showcase never-before-seen projects and iconic outfits from Bowie’s archives.
- With an extensive collection of 80,000 items, the Bowie exhibition promises to be a must-see event for fans of the legendary musician.
What Can We Expect?
A New Art Space
The Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) has acquired an extensive collection of David Bowie’s personal archives, which will be on display at the David Bowie Centre for the Study of Performing Arts. The collection features a range of items, including hand-written lyrics for some of Bowie’s biggest hits, costumes from his tours, instruments, notebooks and journals, and a collage of film stills taken from The Man Who Fell to Earth.
The V&A previously held a smaller exhibition of Bowie items in 2013, which was a major success and became one of their most-visited exhibitions of all time. The David Bowie Centre for the Study of Performing Arts will be part of the V&A East Storehouse, which is currently under construction in Stratford. Unfortunately, the storehouse will not be open until 2025, so fans will have to wait a few years to see the collection.
A Little Background on Bowie…
David Bowie was one of the greatest musicians of the last century, known for his quirky style and unique performances. He had an incredible career as a musician, actor, and filmmaker, and sold over 100 million records during his lifetime.
Bowie’s personal archives provide a glimpse into his creative process and offer a deeper understanding of his impact on music and popular culture. Fans can expect to see a range of items, including iconic costumes and instruments, as well as never-before-seen notebooks and journals. The exhibition is sure to be a must-see for Bowie fans and anyone interested in the history of music and performance art.
The Bowie Archives: Practical Information
- Opening Date: 2025
- Address: The V&A East Storehouse in Stratford’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park (exact address TBA)
- Price: To Be Announced
More London News
- BFI Flare, the UK’s largest queer film festival, is back.
- OTT art duo Gilbert and George are opening a museum dedicated to themselves.
- Stolen Cambodian treasures have been found in London.