London is a well-liked tourist destination in September.
Since the weather is pleasant and there are so many cultural events and festivals taking place all over the city in September, it’s a great time to travel to London.
The Totally Thames Festival, the London Design Festival, and Open House London are a few of the well-known events that take place in London in September.
Furthermore, this month is regarded as London’s “shoulder season” for tourists, which means that there may be fewer people and lower prices on lodging and activities than during the summer.
There are many popular events that take place in London in September. Here are some of them:
- London Design Festival: This is an annual event that celebrates the city’s design industry, featuring exhibitions, installations, and talks across the city.
- Totally Thames: This month-long festival celebrates the River Thames with art installations, river cruises, and cultural events.
- London Fashion Week: This is one of the biggest fashion events in the world, where designers showcase their latest collections on the runway.
- NFL London Games: American football comes to London in September, with NFL teams playing games at various venues across the city.
- Mayor’s Thames Festival: This event celebrates the River Thames with a range of activities, including a river procession, fireworks, and live performances.
As for what to wear for such activities during this time of the month, continue reading the article.
What To Wear In London In September?
The weather in London in September can be incredibly erratic. Even though the weather might vary from mild to cool, you should prepare for occasional rain.
When visiting London in September, the following are some outfit recommendations for both men and women to take into account:
- Lightweight layers with a t-shirt or blouse
- Comfortable footwear
- Rain jacket
- Light layers with a t-shirt or polo shirt
- Comfortable shoes
London’s Weather In September:
September in London typically has moderate weather with an average high of 16°C (61°F).
But there can be variations in the temperature throughout the month, with highs as low as 12°C (54°F) and lows as high as 20°C (68°F).
It’s also important to keep in mind that September may be a wet month in London, with an average of 58mm (2.3 inches) of precipitation spread out over 14 days.
What To Wear For Daytime Activities In London?
With temperate weather and fewer tourists than in the summer, September in London can be rather nice.
Here are some daytime pursuits you could partake in September in London:
- Visit a museum or art gallery:
London has many world-class museums and galleries, including the British Museum, the National Gallery, and the Tate Modern.
These are great places to spend a few hours exploring art, history, and culture.
- Take a walking tour:
There are many guided walking tours available in London, covering a variety of themes and areas. Some popular options include tours of historical landmarks, food tours, and street art tours.
- Explore a park:
London has many beautiful parks, including Hyde Park, Regent’s Park, and Greenwich Park. These are great places to go for a walk, have a picnic, or simply relax and enjoy the greenery.
Being ready for a variety of weather is a smart idea because September in London can be rather unpredictable.
It’s a good idea to bring a light jacket or sweater along with suitable walking shoes.
Men may wish to bring a hat to guard against the sun, while women may want to bring a scarf or shawl to cover up in case it turns cool.
In general, it’s best to layer your attire so you may change it as the day progresses.
What To Wear For Nighttime Activities In London?
In September, there are several nightly activities to enjoy in London, including:
- West End Shows: Catch a world-class theatre production in London’s West End.
- Rooftop Bars: Enjoy a drink with a view at one of London’s many rooftop bars.
- Night Tours: Take a night tour of some of London’s most iconic landmarks, such as the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace.
- Comedy Clubs: London has a thriving comedy scene, with plenty of clubs offering stand-up shows.
With typical temperatures ranging from 15°C (59°F) to 20°C (68°F), September weather in London can be pretty erratic when it comes to what to wear for both men and women.
It is recommended to pack layers so you can change your clothing as the weather changes. It’s a good idea to bring a lightweight jacket or sweater because the evenings might be cool.
For ladies, a night out would call for a dress or skirt and casual footwear. For men, comfortable shoes, a button-down shirt, or sweater, and pants or jeans would be appropriate.
Checking the dress code for a certain venue before heading out is always a smart idea.
Other Things You Should Pack For A September Holiday In London:
Other than packing your clothes and travel essentials, the following are some important things that you should also carry:
- Comfortable shoes
- Power adapter
- Travel guide or map
- Backpack or crossbody bag
- Hat and sunglasses
- Medications and toiletries
- Contactless payment card